Family Day Story Challenge
February 19, 2018 to February 24, 2018
FAMILY DAY OPEN HOUSE
Youth Family Saga Challenge
1) Open to any young person, under the age of 15 as of January 1,2018
2) The story must be presented on one (1) sheet of 8 ½ x 11” plain paper, one side only. It can be either typed or printed.
3) On the reverse side please include your name, address, phone number, along with the signature of one parent or guardian.
4) The content of your saga must be a real life story about an ancestor of yours, either living or passed. It is not necessary to include names or addresses of these people, in your story, unless you feel it is pertinent to the importance of the story.
5) Judging will be completed by a panel from our branch, and the winner will receive bragging rights as well as having a framed copy framed and posted in our library. It will also be posted on our Facebook page.
6) Submissions must be in our hands by midnight on Friday February 23, 2018. You may send them as a PDF or .doc file to our email address (email@example.com) or drop them off at the library during our Family Day Open House on February 19, 2018 between 10 am and 3 pm.
Good luck to all of you who are planning on entering this contest. Remember this is more about getting to know your ancestry. With this in mind you are already winners.
NEW RESEARCH FEES
STARTING ON MARCH 1, 2017
ONLINE OR BY MAIL $25.00 PER HOUR
WALK-IN (NON MEMBERS) A FLAT RATE FEE $15.00
The Brant County OGS includes the townships of: Brantford, South Dumfries, Onondaga, Tuscarora, Oakland and Burford, City of Brantford and the Six Nations and New Credit Reservations (Mohawk, Cayuga, Onondaga, Oneida, Seneca, Tuscarora and also some Delaware)
Our volunteers are always on hand to assist you with locating materials and providing support. Let us know what we can do to help make your research enjoyable.
We can assist you with:
Genealogy Computer Software
Tips For Organizing Your Documents
Common Mistakes in Genealogy
Search For Additional Information and Records
Create A Family Chart or Story Line
At our Research Centre, researchers will find that some of the most useful information is available within our own publications. These include cemetery listings, church records, voters lists, indexes, directories, etc. Our bookstore offers materials, publications, books and maps for sale.
WHAT WILL YOU DISCOVER IN YOUR FAMILY TREE?
We are non-profit organization
So! Come and Explore Genealogy !!
Brant County Branch, OGS
114-118 Powerline Road
Brantford, Ontario N3T 5L8
Tel: 519-753-4140 Voice Mail: 1-855-MYROOTS (697-6687) ext 301
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: /Brant County Branch OGS
Resource Centre Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
We welcome drop-in visits during these times
Wednesday and Saturday afternoons
We are happy to arrange personal appointments
Our resource centre is open to the open public, and non-members
can use our resource centre to conduct research for a nominal fee