Family Day Story Challenge
February 19, 2018 to February 24, 2018
FAMILY DAY OPEN HOUSE
Youth Family Saga Challenge
1) Open to any young person, under the age of 15 as of January 1,2018
2) The story must be presented on one (1) sheet of 8 ½ x 11” plain paper, one side only. It can be either typed or printed.
3) On the reverse side please include your name, address, phone number, along with the signature of one parent or guardian.
4) The content of your saga must be a real life story about an ancestor of yours, either living or passed. It is not necessary to include names or addresses of these people, in your story, unless you feel it is pertinent to the importance of the story.
5) Judging will be completed by a panel from our branch, and the winner will receive bragging rights as well as having a framed copy framed and posted in our library. It will also be posted on our Facebook page.
6) Submissions must be in our hands by midnight on Friday February 23, 2018. You may send them as a PDF or .doc file to our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop them off at the library during our Family Day Open House on February 19, 2018 between 10 am and 3 pm.
Good luck to all of you who are planning on entering this contest. Remember this is more about getting to know your ancestry. With this in mind you are already winners.